Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sally Hansen Wax


Review Summary: Does the job well

(4 Lipstick Tubes out of 5)

I agree, waxing is not a pleasant thought. As a light-skinned, dark-haired person, I've always had the pleasure of dealing with some level of visible facial hair, and I think many women do - we just don't like to talk about it!

I pluck my eyebrows religiously. That's never going to change; but I've tried various other products to take care of other facial hair - whether that be on the upper lip or other areas of the face. While many methods are less painful, waxing is just simply the best way to remove hair completely.

I have tried several kinds of facial waxes over the years - but right now, I think this is the best. It warms in the microwave and doesn't require paper strips for the "pulling-off" step. You merely microwave the wax until it's liquid, then wait until the included spatula's heat-sensitive label reads "READY" (which means the wax is warm, yet cool enough to apply to your face), apply the wax to your face with the spatula, wait a mere second, and then pull the wax off by tugging on one end and lifting in the opposite direction.

Yes, it hurts - but I really believe after the first one or two applications, you become used to it.. a little. I simply like this product because it actually removes hair well and it's not complicated. Many wax kits require paper strips to apply to the wax that you then pull off - but these get used up super-fast and then you have a whole bunch of wax leftover and nothing to take it off with!

Another benefit is you get a $1 coupon in every box of Sally Hansen hair remover product and they don't expire.

Sure, not a fun topic... but a necessary one. I highly recommend this exact type of facial wax (Sally Hansen carries a couple different kinds)!

No comments:

Post a Comment