Thursday, March 19, 2009

Favorite Mascara












Review Summary: Three Favorite Go-To Mascaras

(4.5 Lipstick Tubes out of 5)

A relative recently asked me about mascaras that do the trick without making a mess, so I decided to submit a post about mascaras that I like. My absolute favorite brand of mascara is Max Factor. I have used the Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara for many years and love it. I recently tried the Max Factor Volume Couture mascara and like it a lot, but I don't know if I'll ever totally give up my 2000 Calorie version (why do calories have to be mentioned in a beauty product I'll never know!).

For some reason, Max Factor products have become hard to find at drugstores recently. However, I can usually count on WalMart to carry their line of cosmetics. So, if you don't live near a WalMart and can't purchase Max Factor makeup, I have a second favorite.

L'oreal Voluminous Mascara is my second-favorite mascara

Both Max Factor and this particular L'oreal mascara go on nicely, add volume and length, stay on all day without leaving marks under your eyes or flaking off. Both wash off with warm water, a washcloth and sometimes a little soap (or my Neutrogena eye makeup remover reviewed earlier - but it's not usually necessary). The eye makeup remover is usually reserved for when I wear waterproof mascara, but that's usually just to weddings or other events where I know I'll cry; otherwise, I avoid waterproof mascara like the plague!!

I have never liked the Maybelline Great Lash mascara (the pink and green one) that so many beauty magazines recommend as an all-time favorite. It's too goopy and messy in my opinion!

If you try one of these and have an opinion, let me know! - Or if you find Max Factor available at another drugstore, let me know that, too.

Finally - I personally believe an eyelash curler is a necessity before application of any mascara, so if you have mixed results, that could be a factor also.

No comments:

Post a Comment