Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nars "O" Products



Review Summary: Fun! (4 Lipstick Tubes out of 5)

The Nars Orgasm blush was on my Amazon wish list for over a year; I couldn't justify spending the money - but had read so many "glowing" reviews about it that I thought it had to be a great product.

Last Christmas, I finally took the dive and tried them. Both. I know. It's almost overwhelming.

The powder blush in the "Orgasm" shade is a nice peachy-gold color. The "Multiple" shade comes in the form of a makeup stick. I have always liked cream blush, so I do like its consistency. It's sort of a cream-to-powder type of makeup. The multiple is a little more shimmery than the regular Orgasm shade, so I don't I use it quite as much.

All in all, they are pretty shades that most likely compliment most complexions. I think they are both good to use as blush and along the brow bone instead of eyeshadow.

I also have tried the Nars Orgasm Lip Gloss, which is a pretty color, but I'm not crazy about the consistency. It has sponge-tip applicator and the gloss itself is just a little too thick for me.

So, yes, I fell victim to Nars genius marketing, but it's been fun. There are probably several similar, pretty shades of blush at the corner drugstore that cost a lot less - but it's not nearly as fun to use a blush called "desert mauve." How many people can say they have an orgasm in their purse?
; )

No comments:

Post a Comment