Wednesday, March 11, 2009

L'oreal Elnett Strong Hold Hairspray

Review Summary: OK; too pricey

(3 Lipstick Tubes out of 5)

I'd read about this hair spray in various magazines where beauty editors ranted and raved about it. They said that people were smuggling cases of it back into the states after visiting France because it was unlike any other hairspray you can buy in the U.S.

Well, since several people claimed it was the greatest thing ever, and it was now, shockingly, going to be available in the U.S., I decided that Santa might be able to put a can of it in my stocking this past Christmas. I hated to do it, but I paid something like $12.99 for a large bottle of it at Target it and it made its way to my stocking on Christmas Eve.

The wording on the bottle claims: "Disappears at the stroke of a brush." I'm not sure why you would want expensive hairspray to completely disappear at the stroke of a brush, but I guess that is something other people want.

The hairspray comes out in a very fine mist and doesn't leave your hair particularly stiff or crunchy or helmet-like.. But it smells terrible!! I was shocked at the scent.. Certainly, I believed a hair product imported from France that was $12 a bottle would smell nice, but it doesn't.

I wouldn't recommend spending the money!