Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Almay Pure Blends Lip Gloss

Review Summary: Terrible!!

(1 Lipstick Tube out of 5
)

The recent campaign for Almay Pure Blends had me intrigued. "Over 95.8% Natural Ingredients. No compromise," states the advertising. "A new generation of natural cosmetics," claims Almay.

Being a lipgloss junkie, I had to try it. Pretty soft shades of pinks and beige.. So hard to choose!

After purchasing a pretty, soft pink (I believe it was called Peony), I opened it to experience this wonderful hypoallergenic product that contains a blend of antioxidant fruit and flower extracts, including Lotus, Orchid and Acai.

Unfortunately, it smelled horrible and tasted even worse. Grainy and filmy, the residual consistency on my teeth felt like old-fashioned tooth paste. And the taste was just indescribable. I tried to use it several times over two days to see if I could get used to it, but I couldn't.

I recommend skipping over this lipgloss, despite the enticing advertising and pretty colors to choose from.

My search for the ultimate lip gloss continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment