Saturday, March 21, 2009

Body Shop Passion Fruit Body Scrub



Review Summary: Not Recommended!

(2 Lipstick Tubes out of 5)

I bought this body scrub over a year ago because I was on a Body Shop kick. I love their philosophy and their packaging, and I am a sucker for a sale.

However, it's been 12 months and I still have not used up this body scrub for a couple of reasons: 1) it doesn't smell nice; 2) it's hard to wash off your skin and, 3) I'm afraid the seeds in it will clog my drain!

This body scrub does exfoliate; it's gelatinous and grainy and probably does a good job removing dead skin. But it's very hard to wash off. It contains lots of tiny little black seeds that get stuck behind your neck, near your hairline - and wherever - and unless strong water is beating down on it, it won't rinse off. Secondly, the seeds are big enough to cause potential drain issues. Too much use of this product over a short period of time could probably cause a clog.

Interestingly, I decided to read the ingredient list to see what types of seeds they were; I just assumed they were passion fruit seeds all this time. I was surprised to find that they are kiwi seeds!! Who would have thought??!

All in all, next time around, I would pass up this body scrub and try a different, less expensive one.. And make sure to read the ingredients to be sure there aren't seeds or other large exfoliants which could clog your drains!

No comments:

Post a Comment