Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner


Guest Review!!

Review Summary: Terrific Staying Power

5 Lipstick Tubes out of 5

Submitted by my friend Wendy: "Because I had a coupon for a free sample from Sephora, I felt obligated to stop in at my local store and look around. As I was kind of rushed on time and wasn’t able to enjoy spritzing numerous perfumes or testing a rainbow of lipsticks on my hand, I headed straight to the eyeliner section.. My trusty Clinique Quickliner for Eyes had been looking a little worse for wear and, since I can’t even remember which decade I purchased it in, I was fairly certain that it was beyond that “6 month expiration” I’ve read about in magazines. Since wearing eyeliner is only a fad I go through once a year or so, I don’t feel the need to spend a mint on one. The Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner was $12 – a pretty good deal, I think. As I was heading to the register a salesperson mentioned how much staying power this particular eyeliner has, which was encouraging since I usually get home to find that the crisp line I applied in the morning has turned into a ½” wide smudge by lunch time.

The color I chose was Purple (I grew up in the 80s – sue me!). On the website and in the pencil it looks much more maroon-y than purple, but on, it is definitely a darker violet. The first day I wore it, it was HOT. I spent several hours walking around outside in the heat and sun and felt like I was going to melt. When I got home and checked the eyeliner though – nearly perfect! Pretty impressive."

No comments:

Post a Comment