Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crest Whitestrips Advance Seal


Review Summary: Worth a Try


3.5 Lipstick Tubes out of 5

I requested a sample of Crest Whitestrips Advance Seal from a website (http://www.pgesaver.com/Sites/PG_eSAVER/Page/HomePage) which also came with a $7 coupon. I actually have dental trays and bleach that I got from my dentist a few years ago which I have been happy with, but as expected, every once in a while my teeth need a touch-up, and I thought I would give these a shot since they were free.

First of all, they are not completely affixed to your teeth -- and I would not recommend going to work or out in public as they suggest. I did have to reposition the top strip a few times, so that's why it might have been loose, but the bottom felt like it was unwrapping a bit, too.

I applied the strips before going to bed and sure, the bleach tastes bad (just like the kind from the dentist) and in the morning, it was kind of messy removing them, but I do think they had a strong enough bleach to show a little difference in the color of my teeth. My teeth were also a little sensitive afterward, but this, too, is a common side-effect of any tooth bleaching.

I think after using it a few more times, it might make a pretty noticeable difference. Suze Orman claims to only use them, but I wonder if that's true, because her back teeth look pretty white too - and these strips are built mostly for front-tooth coverage only.

If the Proctor & Gamble site no longer is offering free samples, go to this site to get a $7 off coupon: http://www.whitestrips.com/whitestrips-special-offers/

They're really worth the try if you've been thinking about bleaching your teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment