Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer


Review Summary: Fav Facial Sunscreen

5 Lipstick Tubes out of 5

It's that time of year; time to make SURE to wear sunscreen. Well, everyone should wear sunscreen all year long, but I know that many of us don't. (I do, though!). One of my favorite sunscreens is Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer. According to Neutrogena, this moisturizer contains "a breakthrough new sun protection technology complex called Helioplex, specifically engineered to deliver very high, very broad and photo-stable UV protection." Supposedly, it helps screen out both UVB burning rays and UVA skin aging rays to help prevent premature lines and wrinkles caused by the sun and contains an exclusive anti-oxidant blend with pure Vitamin E helps prevent environmental damage that may accelerate the signs of skin aging."

A little tidbit from Neutrogena: "The sun's UVA and UVB rays damage skin differently. UVB rays harm the skin's surface and are the primary cause of sunburn. UVA's more penetrating rays damage collagen and elastin that results in the signs of premature aging: fine lines, wrinkles, sagging, age spots."

Because it comes in a flat, plastic tube, it's easy to pack on trips and it does a nice job of moisturizing while protecting the skin from the damaging rays. Can't beat SPF 45!!!

Highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juli!
    I haven't been able to find this particular Neutrogena product yet--maybe I'll try ordering it online or something. I just want to say that I love the oil-free Neutrogena moisturizers I do have! Thanks for putting me on to them!
    ~Shelagh

    ReplyDelete